This web page aims to contain all the relevant stuff for the Python Geeks.
The “Syllabus” is:
1st Part: The Environment.
– Introduction to computing.
– Introduction to operating systems and Linux.
– The command line.
For this part, Mac users do not need anything extra. Windows user need to install Cygwin.
2nd part: Basics of Programming
– Introduction to programming.
– Introduction to Python and basic types.
– Introduction to the IDE (environment and execution of programs).
– Control flow: Conditions and Loops.
– Basic Functions.
– Modules and Files.
– Moving Forward: breaking conditions and structured files.
– Intermediate use of the IDE (testing and debugging). Examples: leap.py, calculator.py, diamond.py
– 1st Use Case.
– 1st Lab.
For this part, both Mac and Windows users need to install Anaconda, the packet manager. From inside Anaconda, you can install the IDE (Spider) or a different one.
3rd Part: Medium Programming
– Objects (at least 2 or 3 weeks).
– Text interface and arguments.
– 2nd Lab on Objects, packages and interfaces.
– Files with structures: json, XML, Excel and doc.
– Documentation and Version control with git.
– Interesting data structures: hash tables, trees, dictionaries.
4th part (this part is to check what extras you want to learn)
– Managing data and Machine Learning (pandas).
– Grafical User interface – Model view control (at least 2 weeks).
– Networks (with an intro about how the internet works).