This web page aims to contain all the relevant stuff for the Python Geeks.
The “Syllabus” is:
For this part, Mac users do not need anything extra. Windows user need to install Cygwin.
2nd part: Basics of Programming
– Introduction to programming.
– Introduction to Python and basic types.
– Introduction to the IDE (environment and execution of programs).
– Control flow: Conditions and Loops.
– Intermediate use of the IDE (testing and debugging)
– Complex data types.
For this part, both Mac and Windows users need to install Anaconda, the packet manager. From inside Anaconda, you can install the IDE (Spider) or a different one.
3rd Part: Medium Programming
– Common libraries.
– Text interface and arguments.
– Version control with git.
– Objects (at least 2 or 3 weeks).
– Interesting data structures: hash tables, trees, dictionaries.
4th part (this part is to check what extras you want to learn)
– Managing data (pandas).
– Grafical User interface – Model view control (at least 2 weeks).
– Networks (with an intro about how the internet works).
– Managing Excel with Python.